Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ooooops a lesson learned !! Very First Gig

I had hoped to add more to the last post ie picture uploading from my folders however the puter monster has its grubbly little fingers all over my system. So here goes!

It was the spring festival at the Lorida Roundup in Florida 2002. We were asked to be the first clowns to show up for the parade at 9:30 A.M.. We arrived early at 8:40 and the parade was ready to roll. Fluffy and I were placed in the very back of the parade behind twelve horses and riders. What a view we had, swishing tails, wiggling hind quarters and the thought of impending doom if the horses would turn loose with their first batch of garden fertilizer. The parade led us through an area of homes where I pleaded for a shovel or two for self defense or possibly making a trade with the local nursery. Fertilizer is expensive, ya know!!

The parade magically made its way toward the festival grounds. We were very excited about this our very first clowning gig. I looked around the last horse to see the growing crowds of families. Fluffy kept one eye on me and one on the floating horses tails. We still had no shovels!
I shouted, "Hey Fluffy look at all those families along the parade route. Then I noticed two men with two young boys. The one boy had a thick flaming head of hair and freckles all over his face. He looked like Howdy Doody. The other boy, his cousin, had dark hair. So we did our ring trick and just laughed and had fun with the people along the way until we noticed we had lost our parade. How does somebody lose a parade ? I don't know but we lost our very first parade as clowns. (To be continued)

No comments: