Monday, September 1, 2008

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES. . . . !

Recently, Fluffy and I performed at a child's birthday party. It was a wonderful time and the children were having lots of fun! Then I "Silly Willy" decided to do some pocket magic. I brought out the magic ring and chain trick. This trick was impressive with the crowd of onlookers. A 7 year old said " let me try it, I bet I can do it!" He tried and tried and tried. . . . . . . but could not do the trick. I said it took Silly Willy 4 hours to do the trick the first time and it takes lots of practice. The 7 year old says "OK then tell me how you do it !" I said " We can only show a clown or a magician. Those are the rules! ! ! The 7 year old says "I'm going to become a magician when I grow up!" I said, "Great, then you come back then and I'll show you the trick!" The 7 year old looked me in the eyes and said, "You'll probably be dead by that time!" I was speechless!

P.S. When we were leaving the party, the 7 year old thanked us and gave us a "Big Hug!"

5 comments:

The Fitness Diva said...

Haaaaa! That was a good one!!!
That kid had just the right thing to say! lol
What on earth was your comeback??? ;)

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

I was temporarily speechless! Then I started laughing and said," I certainly hope not!" Kids are the
greatest natural comics. Art Linkletter was right! Kids say the Darnedest things!
God Bless them all!

Suzanne said...

I commented on this post when it first went up, did you two delete it or did I screw up?
Anyway, this is my kids favorite trick of yours!

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

Sue, as far as your first comment on this post and what happened to it? I will give the answer that most 12 yr.
kids would say! " I don't know!"
I am only 12 you know!!!!!

Yes, kid #3 was always the best at doing the trick in a very different way!

BCS said...

This reminds me of Readers Digest's "All in a Day's Work"... :) very funny. :)